747 Passenger Oxygen & Yaw Damper
by jerome meriweather
To View a Control's Description, MouseOver it and ...
to "Show" -
to "Drag" -
747 Photo and/or Graphic Element
Yaw Damper Switches
Part of the
Rudder Control System
- Yaw Damper operates.
- Removes power from associated Yaw Damper system.
- Indicates associated Yaw Damper system is inoperative, due to a fault or the switch being off. The INOP light is also ON during
Passenger Oxygen Switch
- Flow control units are closed electrically if cabin altitude is below 12,000 feet.
- System automatically activates when cabin altitude reaches approximately 14,000 feet.
- Activates Passenger Oxygen distribution system, regardless of cabin altitude. If activated below 14,000 feet, oxygen will flow, but at a reduced rate proportional to cabin altitude.