747 Radio Tuning|
by jerome meriweather
Up to Fuel/STAB
To View a Control's Description, MouseOver it and ...
Inward to WX Radar or Middle CDU
Down to Audio
Click to "Show" - MouseDown to "Drag" - DoubleClick to "Hide"
747 Photo and/or Graphic Element
Three Radio Tuning Panels are located on the Control Pedestal. Each Radio Tuning Panel has a liquid crystal dual frequency display
for an active or standby frequency, for any one of the five Radios selected with the Radio selection switches on the panel. The left
(Captain's) Radio Tuning Panel is normally associated with the left VHF and HF Radios; the right (F/O's) Radio Tuning Panel is normally
associated with the right VHF and HF Radios. The center (1st Observer's) Radio Tuning Panel is normally associated wit the center VHF Radio.
- ACTIVE (Left) - Indicates tuned frequency of the selected Radio. Displays ACARS on VHF C when ACARS is in the data mode.
- STANDBY (Right) - Indicates tuned frequency of the selected Radio. Can be changed by the frequency selectors.
Frequency Transfer Switch (Arrow)
Transfer the standby frequency ot the active frequency indicator and returns the selected radio.
HF SENS Knobs
Adjusts the sensitivity of the sespective HF radio. Will affect the reception of SELCAL on HF if the sensitivity is set too low.
- Captain's Radio Tuning Panel controls HF L.
- F/O's Radio Tuning Panel controls HF R.
- Not deactivated with the Radio Tuning Panel OFF switch.
- Knob on center Tuning Panel is inoperative.
Radio Selection Switches (VHF L/C/R, HF L/R)
- Select the radio to be tuned.
- Tuned frequency is displayed in the active frequency indicator.
- Indicates the radio selected when illuminated.
- PUSH - Selects HF radios to AM or USB.
- When HF AM is selected, bar light illuminates.
- When HF USB is selected, bar light goes OFF.
Radio Tuning Panel OFF Switch
- PUSH - Turns ON or OFF the associated Radio Tuning Panel.
- Switch illuminates when OFF
Select standby frequency of the selected radio.